- I read some of ‘Gods of Jade and Shadow.’ It’s getting better, but I’m still not enthralled.
- I read some of one of Nicky Drayden’s MtG short stories. Now THOSE are excellent. I’m liking them more than ‘Temper’ so far.
- I wrote very little, only working on my plot outline.
- I read more of ‘Gods.’ It’s fine. The author’s style reminds me a little of a YA ‘War for the Oaks’ by Emma Bull, featuring Mayan mythology. It’s not the best thing I’ve ever read, but if the author keeps practicing I think she will have the chops to become really good.
- I finished ‘Gods’ and read some of ‘Way of Kings.’
- I’m taking a few weeks off of writing. My hands are hurting, even as I write this.
- I read some of Way of kings. I have to say that I’m not suuper-loving it. It’s good and I’m happy to re-read it, but I have to say that I’m seeing some flaws. The first part of the book (as in Part I) was a tightly written text, but then with the second part got a little clunky with Dalinar’s worldbuilding. To some extent this is expected with Epic Fantasy, but honestly I’m having a little trouble with it. Also while I liked Shallan in the first read, on this re-read some of her dialog is a little eye-rolly. I like her agency though.
- I read ‘The Fliers of Gy.’ Is good, made me feel happy. Liked Burton’s narration.
- I read some ‘Way of Kings.’ Book’s long, yo.
- Read ‘Body Work’ by Aaronovitch. Is good.
- Read more of Way of Kings. Waaaaay too many flashbacks.
- Read ‘Night Sister’ by Aaronovitch. Is good, better than Body work.
- Read ‘Black Mould’ by Aaronovitch. Not finding it super compelling.
- My hands hurt like hell. I’m taking a week off writing.
- Read more way. Good god, it’s long.
- finished black mould
- read Detective Stories by Aaronovitch
- Finished Way of Kings.
- Wrote ‘way’s’ review.
- Read a MTG story
- Started ‘Two Serpents Rise.’ It’s mediocre so far.
- Day off. Read nothing besides a little ‘Lirael.’
- Read nothing.
- Read nothing besides a small amount of ‘Lirael.’
- I Edited a little.
- I edited some stuff.
- I read some Lirael and ‘The October Man.’
- I edited and read some lirael and ‘The October Man.’
- I finished Lirael and wrote a LONG review.
- Read some ‘Two Serpents Rise.’
- Two serpets read
- Two Serpetns Read
- Two serpents finished
- Started Melting Stones.
- Finished Melting Stones. Finished Black Betty
- Started a Great Course lecture series on Mesoamerica.